- Jack W. Spitzberg, MD, FACC
- Charles B. Levin, MD, FACC
- Martin R. Berk, MD, FACC
- Tony S. Das, MD, FACC
- Kenneth E. Saland, MD, FACC
- Brian D. Lé, MD, FACC
- Tulika Jain, MD, FACC
- Tulio Diaz, MD
- John George, MD, FACC
- 11/19/15: The patient portal into our EMR system is available here. CIVA's patients can logon to see their medical records, and more.
- 9/25/15: CIVA, the Cardiology and Interventional Vascular Associates, is very pleased to announce that our newest cardiologist has joined us: Dr. John George. Welcome, Dr. George!
- 9/26/15: Shirley Davidoff, CIVA's Nursing Manager, has been awarded by the Texas Nurse Practitioners the honor of being Nurse Practitioner of the Year. She will be celebrated at the organizationâ€™s annual convention on September 26th, 2015.
- 10/9/14: The Triad Leadership of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas recognized Dr. Charles Levin for being rated in the 95th percentile in the nation for patient satisfaction. This score is based on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems surveys which is facilitated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- 10/1/14: The D Magazine Best Doctors 2014 list was published this month. We're pleased to have these two CIVA doctors named the Best in Cardiology in 2014: Dr. Charles Levin, and Dr. Tony S. Das. This is the sixth year in a row for each of these doctors to get this recognition!
- 9/27/14: On Saturday, 27 September 2014, CIVA was a corporate sponsor of the American Heart Association event in Rockwall, Texas, called The Heart Chase. CIVA is committed to working with organizations like the American Heart Association to promote heart healthy lifestyles.
- 7/8/14: Cardiology and Interventional Vascular Specialists (CIVA) own Dr. Martin Berk was named by Texas Monthly as one of its 2014 Texas Super Doctors. Dr. Berk was selected for this honor through a rigorous nomination process by the magazine.
- 4/7/14: CIVA is proud to announce that our own cardiolodist, Dr. Charles Levin, is one of only two physicians from the medical staff at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas to score a Press-Ganey patient satisfaction score over 99%.
- 10/1/13: The Cardiology and Interventional Vascular Specialists (CIVA) is pleased to announce the addition of our newest cardiologist! Dr. Tulio Diaz will be working in our Rockwall, Greenville and Dallas offices. He is fluent in Spanish and caters to a Hispanic clientele. More about Dr. Diaz.
- 8/19/13: American Heart Association President interviewed Dr. Tony Das about the recent cardiac stent he placed in President George W. Bush. The story can be found on Heart.org.
- 7/9/13: CIVA congratulates our cardiologists for making the list of 2013 DMagazine list of Best Doctors:
Dr. Charles Levin
Dr. Brian Le’
Dr. Tony Das
Dr. Jack Spitzberg
Dr. Kenneth Saland
We also recognize Dr. Martin Berk was recognized as a 2013 Texas Monthly Super Doctors. Only 5% of the physicians practicing throughout the State of Texas receive this award.
- 3/26/13 CIVA's cardiologist Dr. Martin Berk recently became Board Certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant. When patients are referred to a specialist in advanced heart failure, they require confidence that that individual possesses a high level of competency in areas such as ischemic heart disease, cardiac arrhythmia, valvular disease, cardiac diagnostic techniques, and cardiovascular pharmacology, which is achievable only through accredited subspecialty training in cardiology. These specialists play a key role in delivering the highest quality of complex care in the most cost-effective manner for patients with heart failure.
- 12/9/12 Dr. Charles Levin and Nurse Practitioner Shirley Davidoff of CIVA - seen in the photo to the right - ran on a THR relay team in this year's 2012 MetroPCS Dallas Marathon (formerly known as the Dallas White Rock Marathon). Both runners finished their legs in commendable times. This was the 43rd year for the Marathon which benefited the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.
- 4/20/2012 In Memoriam: Carla Kinsella
CIVA Operations Manager
CIVA's physicians and staff are deeply saddened to learn of Carla Kinsella's passing on
Monday, April 16, 2012. As a highly respected Manager, she was an integral part of CIVA
and its distinguished culture. Carla's contributions to this company during her 19 years
of dedicated and selfless service were many and varied. She was a major part of our practice
expansion and day-to-day operations. Her infectious smile, enthusiasm and achievements
will not be forgotten.
Dr. Tony Das was the medical expert in a July 9th story on KTVT (Ch. 11) about Dallas firefighter Jeff Davis, who recently suffered a heart attack before being rescued by another firefighter. Dr. Das performed a cardiac catheterization procedure this week on Davis to open and then stent a totally clogged heart artery. See the story at this link:
Why Choose Civa?